What To Do If You Think You Have COVID-19 symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
(Note: This list does not include all possible symptoms. WMH will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.)
Follow these steps:
1. Stay at home and contact your health care provider or consult with your family doctor.
2. If you are unable to contact your primary care provider or you don’t have one, consult the following options:
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has a hotline available Monday-Friday, 8a-5p. The number is 1-888-535-6136.
- The MDHHS also has an email option. Email COVID19@michigan.gov 24/7. Emails will be answered 7 days a week, 8a – 5p. You can also subscribe to e-newsletter updates at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
3. WMH Drive-Thru Testing:
Visit our COVID-19 Drive Thru at the Nolte St. Entrance (Behind WMH near the large Employee/Patient parking lot) . Available Monday-Friday, 9:00 - 11:45 am.
WMH Drive-Thru Information for Patients
What to Do:
- Enter the Nolte St. Parking Lot from the West
- Directions will be provided by WMH Staff upon arrival
What to Bring:
- Insurance Card
- Personal ID
*Test fee will be billed to insurance. Self pay price is $50. Cash, check, and credit/debit accepted. Note: Exact amount only for cash payment.
4. If you feel your symptoms are life threatening, please contact the WMH Emergency Department at 635-4402 prior to arrival.