What To Do If You Think You Have COVID-19 symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
(Note: This list does not include all possible symptoms. WMH will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.)
Follow these steps:
1. Stay at home and contact your health care provider or consult with your family doctor.
2. If you are unable to contact your primary care provider or you don’t have one, consult the following options:
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has a hotline available Monday-Friday, 8a-5p. The number is 1-888-535-6136.
- The MDHHS also has an email option. Email COVID19@michigan.gov 24/7. Emails will be answered 7 days a week, 8a – 5p. You can also subscribe to e-newsletter updates at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
3. WMH Self-Collection Testing
Self Collection Testing is available Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 1:00 pm.
(NOTE: Self-Collection Testing will be closed on Thanksgiving, 11/26/2020. Self-Collection Testing will be open 11/23-11/25 and 11/27 from 7 am - 1 pm)
Tests must be returned the same day they are collected.
WMH Self Collection Testing Info for Patients
What to Do:
- Pick up test from self-serve bin near Nolte. St. entrance
- Drop off test inside the Nolte St. entrance
- Please wait 5 days after exposure before testing.
What to Bring:
- Insurance & Payment Information
*Test fee will be billed to insurance first if requested. Credit card required for any balance not covered. Self pay price is $50. Cash, check, and credit/debit accepted. Note: Exact amount only for cash payment.
4. If you feel your symptoms are life threatening, please contact the WMH Emergency Department at 635-4402 prior to arrival.