What To Do If You Think You Have COVID-19 symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
(Note: This list does not include all possible symptoms. WMH will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.)
Follow these steps:
1. Stay at home and contact your health care provider or consult with your family doctor.
2. Hotline Access: If you are unable to contact your primary care provider or you don’t have one, there are two options for hotline access at this time.
- The War Memorial Hospital hotline is available Monday-Friday, 10a-5p. The number is 906-632-5922.
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has a hotline available seven days per week, 8a-5p, seven days per week. The number is 1-888-535-6136.
- The MDHHS also has an email option. Email COVID19@michigan.gov 24/7. Emails will be answered 7 days a week, 8a – 5p. You can also subscribe to e-newsletter updates at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
3. WMH Drive-Thru Evaluation Station
Visit our COVID-19 Evaluation Drive Thru at the Nolte St. Entrance (Behind WMH near the large Employee/Patient parking lot) . Available Monday-Friday, 10:00 am—4:30 pm.
WMH Drive-Thru Evaluation Information for Patients
What to Do:
- Enter the Nolte St. Parking Lot from the West
- Remain inside vehicle with windows up.
- Call 906-253-0137 to register.
- Directions will be provided via phone.
What to Bring:
- Insurance Card
- Personal ID
- Cell Phone
4. If you feel your symptoms are life threatening, please contact the WMH Emergency Department at 635-4402 prior to arrival.