Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Status: Full Time
Category: Support Services
Department: Patient Financial Services
Under the supervision of the Director of Patient Financial Services, is responsible for complete billing process of professional and facility medical claims including; preparing and submitting all patient claims to various insurance companies and/or designated agencies and any future contracts assigned to the Patient Financial Services. Responsible for reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness and identifying problem claims for possible payment to all contracted and non-contracted third party payers, works aging reports to follow up on any unpaid claims within a standard billing cycle timeframe. Identifying and billing secondary and tertiary insurances. Reviewing all accounts for self pay balances and ensuring patients are being billed timely and accurately by following collection policy and procedures. The Analyst will be responsible for training Account Support Clerks in Patient Financial Services processes and procedures.
1. High-school Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree is preferred.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in typing and strong math skills required (40 w.p.m.).
3. Strongly preferred medical Billing experience (1-2 years) Facility, Physician or Home Health or medical office/facility setting.
4. Must have the ability to work independently and strong multi-tasking skills.
5. Operating knowledge of basic business office machines. Demonstrated proficiency in working on computer systems.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology/coding is preferred.
7. Able to handle money, patient bills, and performs addition, subtractions and figuring.
8. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables when only limited standardization exists.
9. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
10. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
11. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
12. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
13. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
14. Must have the ability to lift, push, or pull up to 40 lbs.
15. Willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to complete job functions.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.