Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Status: Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Category: Support Services
Department: Behavioral Health Center
Under the general supervision of the BHC Program Director, performs a variety of safety and security tasks which includes providing security rounds and interventions, inspections, and environmental safety rounds
1. A high school education or equivalent required.
2. A minimum of 2 years of experience as a corrections/police officer, EMT or BHT on an inpatient unit, with a demonstrated ability to manage anxious and agitated individuals in a caring, kind and effective manner.
3. BLS/CPR required within three months.
4. Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate and interact with the general public, as well as emotionally distraught patients, family members and visitors.
5. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotion stress of this position.
6. Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
7. Must successfully complete MDCMH Recipient Rights Training as well as CPI training within 30 days of employment.
8. Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.