Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Status: Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Category: Support Services
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
JOB SUMMARY: DIETARY AIDE
Under the supervision of the Food Service Director and Food Service Supervisor, performs a variety of supportive, non-professional duties in the preparation and distribution of food for patients, employees, and visitors.
JOB SUMMARY: COOK
Under the direction of the Food Service Director and Food Service Supervisor, serves as principle cook for all meals in preparing, seasoning, and cooking food for the hospital patients, employees, and visitors.
JOB SUMMARY: DIETARY TECH
Under the direction of the Food Service Director and Food Service Supervisor, serves as principle ambassador for patient/Foodservice interaction in meal selection and service.
Our Dietary staff love their jobs and here is why:
"I love knowing that I play an important role in a patient's care. I like that I can make a difference in how a patient feels."
"I love helping the patients and residents select from the menu each day. I know the patient's appreciate having a choice."
"I am learning so much about food and nutrition and I appreciate the healthy food focus in our cafeteria. I know the employee's and visitors do too."
"I love the variety in what I do each day."
"I appreciate my colleagues and the way we work as a team to help and support each other and our customers, whether they be patients or visitors or employees."
High school diploma with the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
2. Technical skill testing in institutional food preparation and therapeutic diets or equivalent work experience required. (Minimum Score 70%)
3. Skills testing in Customer Service. (Minimum Score 80%)
4. At least one year of comparable work experience required with therapeutic diet experience preferred.
5. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
6. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
7. Must be able to understand and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
8. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
9. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
10. Important qualifications for food service workers include the ability to work as part of a team, possessing a keen sense of taste and smell, and personal cleanliness.
11. Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
12. Must have the ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.