Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Repair Person I
Status: Full Time
Category: Support Services
Department: Plant Environmental Services
Primary Shift: Nights
Under the general supervision of the Director of Environmental Services, performs a variety of maintenance tasks which includes providing Hospital security, preventative maintenance, plumbing, painting, carpentry and must be able to work with other skilled trades as deemed necessary by department supervision. Provides vacation, sick and call-in replacement coverage. All shift coverage’s are assigned by the Director of Plant & Environmental Services or designee. The least senior employee working the 07:00 to 15:30 shift will be the vacation, sick and call-in replacement coverage person.
1. A high school education or equivalent required.
2. Ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude and have a basic understanding of boilers, pumps, motors, electricity, and other related equipment.
3. Must have the ability to work with a variety of hand tools and power tools.
4. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
5. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
6. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
7. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
8. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
9. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
10. Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull materials weighing up to 51 pounds.
11. Must have a valid driver’s license.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.