Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
PARAMEDIC INTERN - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Status: Full Time
Category: Patient Support Care
Department: Emergency Room
Primary responsibilities are to provide, in conjunction with a Registered Nurse or ED Tech, prompt and effective patient care in the emergency department according to approved protocols, policies and procedures. Carries out appropriate action as directed by the Registered Nurse and/or Emergency Room Physician. Accepts delegated patient care assignments, per scope of practice, and works as a member of the team. No managerial or supervisory responsibilities. Demonstrates competency in caring for all levels and ages of patients.
1. Must be currently enrolled in LSSU Paramedic program and successfully completed year 1 of program.
2. ACLS certification required within 18 months.
3. PALS certification required within 18 months.
4. Current BCLS certification required.
5. Assists in IV placement.
6. Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate and interact with the general public, as well as with emotionally distraught patients, family member and visitors.
8. Assists in patient triage, with RN confirmation required.
9. Demonstrates awareness of the role of the Emergency Department in the community and emergency medical systems. Participates in WMH/ED Emergency Preparedness exercises.
10. Demonstrates awareness of available community resources.
11. Must be able to assess gross patient needs and set priorities on work, functioning within orientation and training parameter.
12. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
13. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
14. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
15. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
16. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
17. Must keep patients safe.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.