Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Registration Clerk I / Switchboard Operator
Status: Part Time
Under the supervision of the Patient Access Director, the Patient Registration/Switchboard Clerk I is responsible for providing rapid and accurate entry of all hospital services while maintaining a customer focus. Will perform registration and/or pre-registration, obtains consent, verifies insurances, collects co pays and ensures the most current and accurate information from the patient is entered into the hospital data base. Operates a multiple station telephone switchboard and paging system. Responsible for paging and monitoring all codes and conditions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Accurate typing skills of 40 w.p.m. required.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology/coding preferred with six months to one year of hospital business and/or registration experience preferred.
4. Must have the ability to exchange all information with all customers in a kind, friendly manner.
5. Must have good telephone skills.
6. Operating knowledge of basic business office machines including computers.
7. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
8. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
9. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
10. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
11. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
12. Must have the ability to lift, push, or pull up to 40 lbs. 13. Willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to complete job functions.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.