Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Director of Health Information Management
Status: Full Time
Department: Health Information Management
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Health Information Management (HIM) Director is responsible for the delivery of quality and customer-friendly services by providing leadership and direction to department members; developing and implementing departmental budgets, goals and action plans; consistently applying appropriate policies and procedures; participation in continuous performance improvement activities and ongoing education/staff development.
Privacy Officer oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of, and access to, patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws and the healthcare organization’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
1. Bachelor’s degree in management or related field preferred, or an Associate’s degree with 5 or more years in related healthcare position.
2. AHIMA Certification: RHIT at minimum; RHIA preferred; CCS required within one year.
3. Progressive supervisory/management experience demonstrated over a minimum of three years
4. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Health Information Management, Coding and HIPAA Privacy Rules.
5. Basic knowledge of billing, admissions, utilization review, information systems, quality improvement, workflow analysis, and regulatory requirements.
6. Accurately types a minimum of 40 words per minute.
7. Proven ability to facilitate multi-disciplinary work groups.
8. Proven ability to teach and mentor.
9. Open to new ideas, being visionary, with a demonstrate ability to think flexibly while also using sound judgment.
10. Minimum of five years experience operating business office machines and computers. Must possess data entry skills, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills. Meditech experience preferred.
11. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a wide range of people to facilitate desired outcomes.
12. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
13. Must be skilled in the art of negotiation and compromise.
14. Must be able to speak English in an understandable manner.
15. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
16. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.