Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Director of Emergency Services
Status: Full Time
Department: Emergency Room
Under the general supervision of the VP of Nursing/Operations, is responsible for supervision and control of the general activities in the Emergency Department, working closely with the ED Medical Director in establishing policy and oversight of processes and protocols. . Member of Medical Control representing the Emergency department along with Emergency Department Medical Director. Is responsible for the development and implementation of policy, procedures, budget, quality reviews, and a continuing process for customer service improvements.
1. Licensure as RN within the State of Michigan.
2. B.S.N. preferred.
3. Three years progressive clinical or management experience in area of specialty.
4. BCLS required. ACLS required. TNCC required.
5. Certification in specialty area preferred.
6. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
7. Able to facilitate multi-disciplinary groups.
8. Demonstrated budgetary and leadership skills.
9. Open to new ideas, and with a demonstrated ability to think flexibly, seminally and with vision.
10. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
11. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
12. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
13. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
14. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
15. Able to push and pull patients, weighing up to 350 pounds, with assistance, in wheelchairs or carts. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of a 12-hour working day. Able to bend, stoop, and squat as required to reach lower drawers in medication carts, to adjust patient line, etc., able to reach over head to obtain supplies, and hang and adjust IV’s.
16. Must keep patients safe.
HR Contact: Dawn
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.