Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
BHC Behavioral Technician I
Status: Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Category: Support Services
Department: Behavioral Health Center
The Behavioral Health Technician I performs assigned patient care activities. Member of a multidisciplinary treatment team and provides support for the patient’s therapeutic treatment plan. Primary responsibilities include observing and recording patient information pertinent to the treatment plan and reporting this information to the Registered Nurse. Must be capable of physically assisting patients, dealing with patient emergencies, and working as a member of a clinical team.
1. At least one year experience as a direct care provider in mental health setting, or successful completion of college coursework in psychology or other human services field is required.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with the general public, as well as with emotionally distraught patients, family members and visitors.
3. Ability to adaptively cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
4. Ability to take direction as well as work independently and organize several tasks / projects.
5. Ability to assess gross patient needs and set priorities on work, functioning within orientation and training parameters.
6. Successfully complete MDCH Recipient Rights Training 30 days of employment.
7. Crisis management/restraint training required within sixty days from date of hire.
8. Certification as a Nurse Aid is not required, but the Behavioral Health Technician will be expected to perform specific CNA-type tasks such as assisting with patient activities of daily living, obtaining and recording vital signs, and must demonstrate competency with these tasks within 90 days of hire.
9. BLS/CPR required within 90 days of hire.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology within 90 days of hire.
11. Computer experience required and demonstrated competence with required applications within 90 days of hire.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.