Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Status: Part Time
Category: Support Services
The Phlebotomist is responsible for drawing and collecting various blood, throat and urine specimens from all age groups on inpatients and outpatients. Gives proper instructions and paperwork needed for at home collections to the patient. Cross-trained to fill in for drawing stations or lab clerk and as needed.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification will be required within two years from date of hire.
- Must satisfactorily complete on-the-job training provided by the Hospital.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 coding preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
- Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position. Ability to remain calm and objective when dealing with customers.
- Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Operating knowledge of basic office machines.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.