Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
RN - BHC PSYCH
Status: Full Time
Department: Behavioral Health Center
The Registered Nurse executes comprehensive nursing care activities. He/she assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities, and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment. He/she manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team. The Registered Nurse is seen as a role model for exhibiting the Behavioral Standards and Customer Service expectations of War Memorial Hospital.
1. Currently licensed by the Board of Licensing and Regulation in the State of Michigan as a Registered Nurse and provides documentation of same.
2. Crosstrained to the specialty area as a C1 or C2 is required.
3. BLS/CPR required.
1. One to three years inpatient and/or outpatient mental health care experience within the last seven years as an RN, Mental Health Technician, LPN, Grad Nurse or Nurse Intern required.
2. Successfully complete MDCH Recipient Rights Training within 30 days of employment.
3. Crisis management/restraint training required within sixty days from date of hire.
4. ANCC certification recommended.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.