Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
BHC - Social Worker
Status: Full Time
Category: Patient Support Care
Department: Behavioral Health Center
Under the general supervision of the Social Work Director, the BHC Social Worker is responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills in assessment, treatment planning, group treatment, individual treatment, family treatment and discharge planning. Additionally, he/she is expected to function well as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participate in the unit community relations program.
1. Masters level degree from a C.S.W.E. accredited Social Work program which includes concentration in practice skills and theoretical foundations preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
2. Registration with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs at the minimum level of a Limited Licensed Master Social Worker with Licensed Master Social Worker preferred.
3. Minimum of two years experience in providing direct services to patients/residents in a health care setting. Acute psychiatric hospital experience is desired.
4. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of requirements and regulations regarding delivery of services as set forth by Medicare, MDCH, and JCAHO.
5. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of community social service resources, ability to utilize such resources on an as needed basis, and ability to develop liaisons with community resource personnel.
6. Medical knowledge and terminology as it relates to delivery of psychiatric social work.
7. Ability to maintain effective relationships with patients/residents, significant others, health care team members (including co-workers, physicians, and consultants), supervisors, management, and other consumers.
8. Willingness to work with flexible scheduling to complete essential job functions.
9. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
10. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
11. Able to facilitate multi-disciplinary work groups.
12. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
13. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
14. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
15. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.