Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Status: Full Time
Category: Support Services
As directed by the primary nurse performs work processes to accomplish organizational goals and positive patient outcomes. These work processes include patient education, comfort/pain management, psycho/social support, wound and skin management, care coordination and diagnostic/interventional procedures. Scope of practice includes patients of all ages.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. One year related experience in patient care within the last two years required.
3. One year experience in outpatient hemodialysis within the last 3 to 5 years preferred.
4. Must become (certified) within 18 months of being hired as a renal patient care technician.
5. Hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills for legible hand-writing, manipulation of special equipment and computer use.
6. Ability to maintain positive interaction with patients, significant others and coworkers in order to effectively care for patients.
7. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds, with assistance, while lifting, positioning and transferring patients.
8. Able to push and pull patients, weighing up to 350 pounds, with assistance, in wheelchairs or carts. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of a 12 hour working day. Able to bend, stoop and squat as required to reach lower drawers, adjust patient lines, etc. Able to reach over head to obtain supplies.
9. Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
10. Clear speech reading and hearing skills are required continuously to communicate with patients and co-workers.
11. Has far-sighted visual acuity with correction to 20/40 Snellen chart to identify patients, call lights, provide supervision, etc. Near sighted visual acuity needed to read written material, thermometers, assess patients, monitor equipment, etc.
12. Able to remember multiple messages, information, and task assignment for up to 12 hours.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.