Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Distribution Clerk I
Status: Full Time
Category: Support Services
Department: Materials Management
The Distribution Clerk I is responsible for the MAIN inventory and various sub inventories. Receiving and accounting for supplies arriving into the main inventory and overseeing the storing and distributing of hospital supplies and equipment. A great deal of flexibility is required to perform these and other miscellaneous tasks as assigned. Additionally, requires data entry into a computer, updates of order, receive, and issue information for inventory control, for departmental and unit usage tracking, and quality assurance. Performs all duties with regard to hospital policy and procedures.
1. High School diploma required or GED required.
2. One years of previous hospital distribution experience preferred.
3. Requires good motor coordination for repetitive motions and for labeling goods. Must be able to stoop, bend and lift sixty pound cartons of goods; requires the coordination to move heavy flatbed trucks and hand trucks loaded with supplies and to manipulate fork lift trucks. Requires manual dexterity and ability to use a computer keyboard.
4. Ability to type 20 wpm preferred.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
6. Valid Michigan drivers’ license required.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
8. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
9. Must be able to move continuously throughout the day.
10. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
11. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
12. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.