Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Status: Full Time
Category: Support Services
Department: Physician Practices
Under the supervision of the office manager, the receptionist is responsible for answering the telephone, greeting customers, scheduling appointments, registering patients, and other assigned duties so the office runs smoothly and efficiently. Responsible for filing and ordering office supplies. The employee may be trained in billing and accounts receivable functions. Under the general supervision of the Physician, provides patient care services, such as routine vital signs, temperatures, pulse, respiratory, blood pressure, etc.
1. Associate Degree in Office Administration or related field preferred.
2. Previous physician front office experience preferred.
3. Ability to operate computer system. Experience in online scheduling preferred.
4. General medical background preferred with the ability to perform routine vital signs and assist in the patients room required.
5. Accurately types a minimum of 40 words per minute.
6. Current BCLS required within six months.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
8. General filing knowledge and ability to operate basic office machines.
9. Able to handle money, patient bills, and performs addition, subtractions and figuring.
10. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables when only limited standardization exists.
11. Ability to recognize potential problems and report items to the physician.
12. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
13. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
14. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
15. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
16. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be met.
17. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds, with assistance, while lifting, positioning, and transferring patients.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.