Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Status: Full Time
Category: Support Services
Department: Surgical Services
A Surgical Technician functions under the direction of a professional Registered Nurse and or Physician to carry out patient care activities according to the mission and philosophy of the Nursing Department. The Surgical Technician is accountable for nursing care activities performed and responsible directly to the Director of Surgical Services. Demonstrates competency in caring for patients of all levels and ages. Takes call and responds in a timely manner
1. Current LPN by the Board of Licensing and Regulation in the state of Michigan with documentation of same. One year operating room experience in the last three years preferred. Or
Graduate of an approved school of Surgical Technology with a Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); or Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) or Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology is required; eligibility to write certification exam within six months may be accepted. Written verification from the US Military documenting successful completion of surgical training will be accepted in the absence of an LPN licensure or CST certification.
2. CPR required
3. Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or surgical technology or verification of training courses completed thru a branch of the US Military.
1. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds with assistance while lifting, positioning, and transferring patients.
2. Able to push and pull patients, weighing up to 350 pounds with assistance in wheelchairs or carts. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of an assigned shift. Able to bend, stoop, and squat as required reaching lower drawers in medication carts, to adjust patient line, etc., able to reach over head to obtain supplies, and hang and adjust IV's.
3. Has necessary hand/eye coordination and hand steadiness to administer injections and perform patient assessments.
4. Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
5. Willing/able to accept standby call assignments and respond in a timely manner.
6. Clear speech reading and hearing skills are required continuously to communicate with patients and co-workers.
7. Has far-sighted visual acuity with correction to 20/40 Snellen chart to identify patients, call lights, provide supervision, etc. Near sighted visual acuity needed to read written material, thermometers, assess patients, monitor equipment, etc.
8. Able to remember multiple messages, information, and task assignment for up to an assigned shift.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.