Physical Therapists are health care professionals educated and trained to evaluate and treat patients of all ages who have difficulty with pain or function, which may impair their movement or limit their independence. War Memorial Hospital provides the Eastern Upper Peninsula convenient access to therapists.
We have professional staff with diverse training and experience to help our patients cope with and recover from a wide variety of disabilities. Due to the size of our department and diversity of our staff, we are able to offer a multitude of programs and a variety of treatment options. We are a team that combines our talents to maximize the patient's outcome to treatment. War Memorial employs Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants and ATCs. They hold a variety of degrees and certificates of clinical competence.
Are you a health care professional educated and trained to evaluate and treat patients of all ages who have difficulty with pain or function? Interested in joining our team? Please contact Janessa Copenhafer or Megan Doyle, Co-Directors of Rehabilitation, at 906-635-4426
Physical Therapy can help patients in a variety of ways.
- Back Education -- Posture and body mechanics training.
- Sports Medicine Program -- Certified athletic trainers provide game coverage for local high school sporting events for injury prevention and training.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations -- Assessment of one capability for return to work.
- Lymphedema Management -- Techniques to manage swelling problems.
- Wound Care Management -- Care that promotes healing of an open wound.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation -- Treatment for balance disorders.
- Manual Therapy -- Hands on approach to better body alignment and pain management.
- Arthritic Self-Help Clinic -- Support group atmosphere to share techniques and ideas for pain management.
- Aquatic Therapy -- Exercise in water.
- Pediatric Therapy Services -- Specialized treatment for infant, toddler and school age children.
- Women’s Health and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation -- Rehabilitation of the Pelvic Floor offers men and women with incontinence problems an effective and non-invasive treatment option.
- Next Step Program -- A transition program that allows patients who have completed therapy to continue for one month free at WMH Fitness Center.
- Independent Exercise Program Development -- Patient's are instructed in an exercise program that is customized especially for their needs.
To learn more about this service or make an appointment, call or visit us.
Showing records 1 to 3