WMH Upper Peninsula Pain Institute
The Upper Peninsula Pain Institute (UPPI) is committed to providing comprehensive, evidence-based, interventional pain management options to patients with chronic pain.
We review the most current research to provide you with interventional pain therapies combined with physical therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and medication management. In order to accurately treat your pain, we will need to perform a variety of treatments that may diagnose and treat your conditions. Many times it may take a few procedures to maximize your pain relief.
Our overall goal is to help patients manage their pain and move them toward independent, functional living.
The key to our success is a shared respect and ownership of your pain. By understanding what we and you can do to assist you with your pain, you will have better results.
Get to know our specialist by clicking on the the link below.
The UPPI office is located at 16523 South Water Tower Drive. Appointments can be made by calling 906-632-5849.
What makes UPPI approach to pain different?
- We use interventional pain blocks to identify and treat pain generators.
- We use physical/occupational therapy to strengthen and re-coordinate muscles and identify areas of your pain that affect your function.
- We identify appropriate medicines based on your response to treatments so that you can reach your goals.
- We work with you to recognize that chronic pain affects the way you think and develop strategies to not have it change you as a person.
- We you recognize how life style choices that you are in control of can affect your pain.
Showing records 1 to 2