Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
RN - OR Circulator
Status: Full Time
Department: Surgical Services
Coordinates total nursing care for patients of all ages, undergoing surgical intervention. Participates in patient and family teaching, and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in collaborative approach to maintain standards of care which are consistent in the practice of professional nursing. Takes call and responds in a timely manner. The Registered Nurse is seen as a role model for exhibiting the Behavioral Standards and Customer Service expectations of War Memorial Hospital.
1. Currently licensed by the Board of Licensing and Regulation in the State of
Michigan as a Registered Nurse, and provides documentation of same.
2. Crosstrained to the specialty area as a C1 or C2 is required.
1. CNOR recommended.
2. ACLS required within eighteen (18) months of hire.
3. IV conscious sedation competencies required annually.
4. PALS required within eighteen (18) months of hire.
5. One year experience as an RN, Grad Nurse, Scrub Tech or Nurse Intern required.
6. May be required to cross train to other areas of the Surgical Services Department as determined by the needs of the department.
7. Willing/able to accept standby call assignments.
1. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds, with assistance, while lifting, positioning, and transferring patients.
2. Able to push and pull patients, weighing up to 350 pounds, with assistance, in wheelchairs or carts with assistance. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of an assigned shift. Able to bend, stoop, and squat as required to reach lower drawers in medication carts, to adjust patient line, etc., able to reach over head to obtain supplies, and hang and adjust IV's.
3. Has necessary hand/eye coordination and hand steadiness to administer injections, insert IV's and perform patient assessments.
4. Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
5. Clear speech reading and hearing skills are required continuously to communicate with patients and co-workers.
6. Has far-sighted visual acuity with correction to 20/40 Snellen chart to identify patients, call lights, provide supervision, etc. Near sighted visual acuity needed to read written material, thermometers, assess patients, monitor equipment, etc.
7. Able to remember multiple messages, information, and task assignment for up to an assigned shift.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.