Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
RN - Dialysis
Status: Full Time
Works under the supervision of the Manager of the Renal Department. The Registered Nurse manages patient care for a group of patients with actual and potential problems utilizing the nursing process. The Registered Nurse is responsible for directing other staff members in the delivery of patient care. Functions as a charge nurse and preceptor. Extends herself/himself into community involvement. Initiates unit in services and unit related projects. Performs other duties as assigned. The Registered Nurse is seen as a role model for exhibiting the Behavioral Standards and Customer Service expectations of War Memorial Hospital.
1. Licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Michigan.
2. Crosstrained to the specialty area as a C1 or C2 is required.
3. BCLS required.
1. Renal Dialysis national certification recommended.
2. One year experience in inpatient hemodialysis within the last 3 to 5 years as a Renal Technician, Registered Nurse, Graduate Nurse or Nurse Intern.
3. ACLS required within (18) months of hire.
4. Willing/able to accept standby call assignments.
1. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds, with assistance, while lifting, positioning, and transferring patients.
2. Able to push and pull patients, weighing up to 350 pounds, with assistance, in wheelchairs or carts with assistance. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of a assigned shift. Able to bend, stoop, and squat as required to reach lower drawers in medication carts, to adjust patient line, etc., able to reach over head to obtain supplies, and hang and adjust IV's.
3. Has necessary hand/eye coordination and hand steadiness to administer injections, insert IV's and perform patient assessments.
4. Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
5. Clear speech reading and hearing skills are required continuously to communicate with patients and co-workers.
6. Has far-sighted visual acuity with correction to 20/40 Snellen chart to identify patients, call lights, provide supervision, etc. Near sighted visual acuity needed to read written material, thermometers, assess patients, monitor equipment, etc.
7. Able to remember multiple messages, information, and task assignment for up to an assigned shift.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.