Open Positions Available!
Click on the "submit your online application" link below to apply.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at War Memorial Hospital will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. War Memorial Hospital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
War Memorial Hospital is always seeking professional physicians to expand with our advanced medical center. If you did not see an opportunity in your field of expertise we still encourage you to submit your online application.
Certified Nurse Aide
Status: Full Time
Category: Patient Support Care
Under the supervision and delegation of a Registered Nurse or the Licensed Practical Nurse the Certified Nurse Aide assists with nursing care for patients of all ages, participates in patient and family teaching and works as a member of the nursing team.
Accucheck proficiency preferred.
Crisis management/restraint training required within sixty days from date of hire.
1. A. High school diploma or GED preferred or proof of status as a student in a school of nursing.
B. Must have a current State of Michigan Registry document or must have successfully completed the State of Michigan approved Certified Nurse Aide Training Program and be eligible to take the State of Michigan Certified Nurse Aide examination to become certified. Testing must be completed within 4 months of hire. Those presently enrolled in an approved school of nursing and have completed Fundamentals of Nursing are also eligible for hire and therefore not required to become certified.
For those employees who have two or more years of current War Memorial Hospital nurse aide experience, the above requirement is waived.
1. Able to transfer up to 125 pounds, with assistance, while lifting, positioning, and transferring patients.
2. Able to push and pull patients, weighting up to 350 pounds, with assistance, in wheelchairs or carts. Able to stand and walk up to 90% of a scheduled shift. Able to bend, stoop and squat as required to reach lower drawers, adjust patient lines etc. Able to reach over head to obtain supplies.
3. Able to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
4. Clear speech reading and hearing skills are required continuously to communicate with patients and co-workers.
5. Has far-sighted visual acuity with correction to 20/40 Snellen chart to identify patients, call lights, provide supervision, etc. Near sighted visual acuity needed to read written material, thermometers, assess patients, monitor equipment, etc.
6. Able to remember multiple messages, information, and task assignment for up to an assigned shift.
HR Contact: Dawn Parker
HR Phone: 906-253-1056
HR Email: Email
Reference Verification Forms
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at War Memorial Hospital. To access the required reference verification forms please click on the link below.